A Year in Review: Best in Class Continues to Thrive
With 2019 coming to a close, it is important to take a look back and recognize our achievements. This was a fantastic year for Best in Class, one where we experienced steady growth for our brand and added valuable franchise partners to our family. Above all, we achieved our mission of continuing to spread supplemental education to new communities across the country. As we continue to grow, we are able to serve more and more students, providing them with valuable foundational knowledge that will set them up for futures full of success. We are proud of our mission, and we are truly grateful for your dedication to helping us continue to serve students across the country.
Here is a look at what Best in Class accomplished in 2019:
- The brand opened nine new supplemental education centers:
- Lavanya Kokati opened her location in Tracy, California
- Chris Ruttle, Molly Ruttle, and Carter Ivey opened their second location in Milton, Georgia
- Shan Zhao opened her first location in Palo Alto, California
- Karnika Jhaveri opened her first location in Portland, Oregon
- Anna Elder opened her first location in Louisville, Kentucky
- Kennis Fung and Siuyin Ngan opened their first location in San Jose, California
- Ira Giri opened her second location in Richmond-Aliana, Texas
- Cambridge Liu purchased a corporate location in Issaquah, Washington
- During 2019, Best in Class also signed four new franchisees who hope to open their locations in 2020:
- Shwetali Jakate will open her center in Pleasanton, California
- Monika Sharma will open her center in Dublin, California
- Su Subramanian will open her center in Little Elm, Texas
- Manjula Vedala will open his center in Dallas, Texas
- In total, Best in Class now has 65 locations open and serving local education communities in 13 states. The brand also has 20 additional locations currently in various stages of development across multiple states.
“We had an incredible year of continuing to grow the Best in Class brand,” said Best in Class CEO and founder Hao Lam. “We added some truly wonderful franchisees to our brand’s family. All of them are incredibly passionate and dedicated to providing educational opportunities to students across the country. I have no doubt that they will be wonderful ambassadors for our brand, successful business owners, and pillars in their local communities.”
Looking ahead to 2020, Best in Class hopes to sign at least 10 new franchise agreements throughout the year. We also hope to open 12-15 new centers by the end of 2020, four of which are slated to open within the first half of the year. Additionally, we hope to enter into the Virginia, South Carolina, and Massachusetts markets. We also are looking to enter the Northern Virginia, D.C. Metro, Columbus (OH), Dayton (OH), Raleigh (NC), and Charlotte (NC) markets as well.
As we begin to move into planning for 2020, we would like to thank all of you for your hard work and commitment not only to our brand but also to the students you serve. You are helping provide these students with the most valuable gift: knowledge. We sincerely appreciate your belief in our brand and your dedication to these students.Back